Monday, June 23, 2014

My certificate from the GSD

This certificate was mailed to me recently by the Granite School District from which I retired on June 5th 2014.

Granite School District
Certificate of award presented to

Pierre C. Baigue
 
in appreciation of and recognition of 23
years of outstanding leadership in the GSD as
demonstrated by initiative, ability and dedication.
Awarded by the Board of Education of GSD
on the 22nd day of May 2014

Of course, the Granite School District strongly encouraged me to stop providing such "outstanding leadership ... as demonstrated by initiative, ability and dedication". They did this by offering me a sizable early retirement bonus on condition that I left and by telling me over the last few years that my teaching was not at all adequate. They were kind enough, however, to remedy the situation by demanding that I follow a sacrosanct "curriculum map" that told me in minute details what to teach from week to week and how to assess with regular oral and written benchmark tests that my students were mastering the specified lessons.

This is what I did with the certificate. Enjoy the pictures!








4 comments:

  1. Bien fait! Your 'organic' style and curriculum made learning fun and natural. I attribute any success I had with the language (my major, living abroad) to you and your inspiring style. Thanks for being unique and BURN away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bien. Comment allez vous, Monsier Baigue?

    -Naren Anandh 7-8th classe de qualité en français

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://collegewasatch.blogspot.com/2014/06/my-certificate-from-gsd.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your teaching was brilliant. One of the only places where I actually learned at that school. I went on to study French in high school and minored in it in college, and at every level the teachers were amazed and thought I must have lived in France for some time. I’d never been to a French speaking country, but for 50 minutes every Monday through Friday I was immersed in M Baigue’s French-only festival of learning about language, history, and culture. Bless you sir, you deserve every teaching commendation imaginable, though I fully appreciate your actions with this particular certificate.

    ReplyDelete